Tuesday, June 28, 2011

For the Love of Baking

I have loved baking since I was a little girl – with a play play mixer, blending gooey flour and water concoctions – as I grew, I learned the importance of baking powder, eggs, and room temperature butter; all of which have gone a long way in making my creations a lot more palatable.
My love of baking lead to my long-time contemplation of opening a little baking business, and with unemployment looming, now is the ideal time.

I am lucky enough to have a friend, photographer and fellow blogger who shares my love of baking – and my enthusiasm for starting up a little business. .. And with all those titles under her belt, I am sure we will be great business partners.

Our intension is to create an online store with made-to-order baked goods, and homemade jams and pickles. All ingredients will be sourced locally, and only the best, and where applicable seasonal ingredients will be used. We are both so eager to start this venture, and even more eager to grow it.

While scrounging around for inspiration the other day I came across these gorgeous pictures saved in my blog archives, of a little store called BOBETTE & BELLE – Isn’t it just a dream come true!





I will keep you all posted on any and all further developments...
xxx

2 comments:

  1. your blog is lovely,
    and those cupcakes look heavenly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous, thanks for the link - Would be great to have that option available to people who don't eat eggs...
    We are also exploring gluten free routes, for people with intolerances.

    @Jess, why thank you :)Your blog is lovely too -You make such beautiful things! My mom also makes silver jewellery... I look forward to owning some Thula Jewelry of my own soon.

    ReplyDelete