Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Time is Now

While scrolling through the latest tweets on twitter last Friday, one in particular stood out. It was a tweet by Holly Becker, of the amazing blog, decor8 - “I hope those of you currently hating your job can look to those of us out there who took a jump. I believe in dreams”. Holly launched decor8 in 2006, after many years in the corporate world, and has just published her first book, Decorate: 1000 Inspirational Ideas for Every Room in Your Home.


Having just taken an optimistic leap of sorts, my mind is plagued with wonder. Wondering exactly what it is that I want to do, and furthermore, whether or not it will be a sustainable. It is one thing knowing you want to do something awesome, something that brings you happiness – But doesn’t everyone. Ultimately, we need to survive, and is it really viable to do what you love?

I want to blog. I want to read books and magazines. I want to design my own range of clothing. I want to cook and I want to bake. I want to own a shop that encompasses all these things.

Now is the time... For the first time in months I am feeling creative, I am filled with the most incredible inspiration, and fantastic thoughts and ideas. I feel my heart racing, as I lie awake at night contemplating all the possibilities.

xxx

1 comment: