Thursday, February 5, 2015

Reflection

I have spent some time reflecting on last year – a very difficult year - and trying to see the light in every situation. I believe that everything happens as it should, but I must admit that a lot of the time I still battle to understand why.


I was retrenched for the third time – but have thankfully found a great new job, at a stable company, where I work with some really lovely people.

My mom was also retrenched from her job this year – and at her age, finding another job is really difficult. She has been keeping herself busy, and recently a small, independent job prospect has come to light - working with animals – something she is so passionate about. I really hope that everything works out for her. She is such a special lady, with the most beautiful heart.

My gran, who has always been so healthy and independent, had a minor operation, and ended up contracting a viral infection which has really affected her overall health – But despite the deterioration in her health and strength, and in turn the loss of her independence, she is so positive – and remains such an inspiration.

Cancer, such a cruel disease, took the lives of four special people – one of whom was Josh’s father. I don’t know how, but Josh has been so strong.


I had a health scare, which thankfully was caught early, so I was able to undergo a relatively small procedure to sort it out. The next step is a follow up in March – until then I am staying positive that the results will be good.

As 2014 came to an end, I found myself, as with every other year I can remember, hoping that the next year would be better. Unfortunately, I find myself in an incredibly sad situation. My heart is is shattered and I feel as if I am being suffocated by sadness. But I am once again reminded of the amazing resilience of the heart.


So much happened last year, but despite it all, I was still able to smile - I had some awesome times, and laughed often, and I know the same will be true for this year.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment