Thursday, April 9, 2015

Holiday in Pictures - England March 2015

I am finally uploading a few of my pics from my recent trip to England.

Spring Blossoms



Black and White

I went over to celebrate my sister-in-law, Tabitha's 40th birthday, which took place in a yurt in the garden at their home in Itchen Abbass.

The evening started with champagne and canapes served by bare butt butlers, followed by the most delicious dinner. Tabs owned the dance floor for the rest of the night.


 I enjoyed a pub lunch with my brother and my niece at one of the local pubs, The Bush Inn.

Betsey enjoying her morning hot chocolate at the Lavender Barn.

Lunch at Sumosan. Definitely the one of the most experimental meals I have ever eaten.


Dinner at Kurobuta - what a wonderful experience... We ate far too much, but it was totally worth it!
The most delicious, unique flavours enjoyed over an array of tappas-like dishes.



It is quite possible that I had even more fun at Little Funky Art Club than Betsey.
What a wonderful concept.

Traditional morning hot chocolate - loccie - after art class with Betsey in Winchester.


These Highland Cows blew my mind - they are monstrous!
They are so grunge circa 1990.

BB the ballerina.
There are few things more fun than watching small children doing ballet. There is something about the total lack of grace and structure that makes my heart smile. 

Anthropologie Gallery at 139 Kings road - Robert Bradford.

The tastiest toasted sandwich at Colbert, Sloane Square.

Yes, it's a place.






Dover Street Market Pop Up.
Working in the fashion industry, in such a conservative, price sensitive market can be creatively stifling, so it was really inspiring to see ranges where designers are pushing the boundaries of the conventional norm. 


Out and about in London before the show.

Having read all of Roald Dahl's books as a child I was super excited to go and watch the musical Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre.

One of the biggest highlights of my trip was seeing the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Mueseum. I caught the train into London early one morning, and braved the cold as I waited in a queue in the hope of being one of the lucky few to get one of only 200 tickets released daily for this extremely popular exhibition. 
No words can describe how amazing it was - Life Changing.
Unfortunately I was not allowed to take any pictures - But I splurged on the exhibition catalogue - totally worth it!
I wrote a post about Alexander McQueen, after his death  here.
What an amazing mind.
I feel very privileged to have seen some of his work in person.










Country Living 

I had a wonderful time - It was so nice to get away, and awesome to spend time with my family.
xx

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment