Thursday, August 13, 2015

Light Lunch

Following on from my Better Breakfasts post, I decided I would post some delicious, healthy lunch options.

Fresh, healthy salads are also a lot more appealing in the warmer, spring weather.

Quinoa Salad with Haloumi and Sweet Potato 

Quinoa, pronounced keen-wah.
Nuff said.

Strawberry Arugula Salad

It is becoming more and more common for this gorgeous sweet summer fruit to be used in savoury dishes and salads. It is delicious when paired with soft cheeses, such as Camembert, goats cheese and feta. I must admit, that when I heard about how well strawberries went with Balsamic vinegar I was skeptical, but bless those experimental folk for discovering  this scrumptious complimentary combination of flavours.

Obsessively Good Avocado Cucumber Salad

If you know me at all, you will no doubt be surprised by the above recipe post. Having spent most of my life claiming a parrot-like allergy to Avocado. It seems that with age I have grown a little more fond of this green-skinned, soft-fleshed fruit. I literally turned 30 a little over a week ago, sprouted grey hair, and started eating avo. 

Quinoa Broccoli Slaw with Honey Mustard Dressing

Moroccan Chickpea Salad

I first enjoyed this Moroccan marvel at a braai my bestie and I hosted at the end of summer. She spoke about this salad as if it was the best thing since Betty White, and in my mind there was no way it was going to live up to the hype - I was wrong.

Pickled Cabbage Salad

Now all I need to master is the discipline to wake up early enough to prepare these guys before work in the morning.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment