Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Porcelain Paper Dolls

When I was little, I used to look forward to Wimbledon every year – Not because I enjoyed tennis, but because my mom did. And the only way she could enjoy the final, without me bothering her, was to distract me with toys. The day before the men’s final, we would visit the toy shop, and I could pick a new toy.  While her and her friends enjoyed the tennis with strawberries and cream, I would sit and play with my new toy.

Paper Dolls were one of my all time favourite toys when I was a little girl. It was so much fun dressing them up in a wide variety of outfits, with an array of shoes and accessories. I remember one Wimbledon, buying a Princess Diana paper doll. I am in no way a royalist, but Lady Di really had some amazing dresses.

The concept stuck with me, and when presenting my designs for my final year fashion show at college, each of my garments had little tabs, which could be placed on my model.


Can you even begin to imagine how frieking excited I was when I stumbled across these absolutely beautiful porcelain paper dolls by Barcelona based artist Sonia Pulido. I love the classic blue and white colours on the ceramics, the pretty floral patterns and the amount of detail on every piece.





All images, Sonia Pulido, Pinterest 

This is truly an adult dream come true!

You can buy these gorgeous dolls in Sonia’s shop, Uhaala.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment