Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Super Sweet 16



For the first time in as long as I can remember I am feeling really positive about the year ahead. The first day of 2016 was not filled with the usual anxiety I experience, as I contemplate all of the unknowns that lie ahead.

Looking back, it always seemed that despite trying to be positive that the year ahead would be better than the one that preceded it, there was loads more that life could throw at me. It seems that I needed to be taught certain lessons more than once.

I have no doubt that there are still many things that I need to learn, and challenges I need to overcome, but for some reason I feel better equipped.

Last year I faced some challenges. As a result, I spent a lot of time reflecting, and despite the discomfort, learning and growing from them. As I type this, I feel stronger as a person. I had to learn how strong I could be. I feel more independent, and less afraid of being alone. I enjoy my own company. I am more secure in myself. I have a better understanding of how lucky I am to have been blessed with amazing family and friends. I truly experienced the unconditional love of my mother, and the realisation that she literally is always here for me.

Reflecting on my resolutions for 2015, I am proud to say that I have come a long way in learning to love myself. I have worried a lot less and I managed to de-clutter many aspects of my life. Admittedly, I could have been kinder to my body, and of course there is always room to do more of what one loves… But it is a new year, and I will continue to work towards the same goals I set out to achieve at the beginning of last year.

Wishing all of you a Super Sweet 16!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment